BlueWater Federal Solutions is a dynamic and nimble systems integration firm providing professional services and IT solutions to the Federal Government throughout the nation. We are viewed by our Federal Customers (Air Force, DHS, Army, Navy, CENTCOM, DHA, EPA, GSA) as a trusted partner with a track record of successful past performance and superior customer value.
Without question, our company's strength lies in our people – Over 250 men and women who are deeply passionate about client partnership, reliable delivery, and successful results. We are looking for individuals who share this aspiration and invite you to join us in work that truly makes a difference for our clients. BlueWater is experiencing rapid growth, and is expanding our professional team to successfully support achievement of business goals.
BlueWater is seeking a Pricing Analyst to join our Growth Development team. The primary role is to develop expert cost and pricing detail for proposals, and track and report costs for existing projects for purposes of contract modifications. The position will involve working with senior project staff in interpreting proposal requirements, estimating level of effort and other direct costs, coordinating with and receiving quotes from subcontractors and consultants, revising estimates, and working with members of BlueWater’s Proposal and Operations departments to prepare the finished cost proposal.
• Review requests for proposals (RFP) to understand, document and communicate pricing requirements, customer specifications/requirements, FAR and RFP compliance and adherence to company policy, and work directly with proposal teams to support and develop pricing strategies
• Work directly with the Capture Manager to develop cost/pricing models in Microsoft XL and narratives, schedules, and technical elements in the in accordance with the RFP specifications
• Perform all development aspects for establishing pricing models on a full range of programs to include proposals on both CONUS and OCONUS opportunities that range in size and complexity from small task orders to multi-hundred-million-dollar programs
• Review technical team’s staffing solution and/or prepare Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for accuracy and compliance
• Work with Capture Manager and technical team to determine anticipated staffing, direct costs (labor, material requirements, equipment costs, Other Direct Costs), and indirect rates and prepares the price proposal in accordance with the price strategy and RFP compliance.
• Manage distribution of pricing data calls to subcontractors and respond to pricing data calls by prime contractors as needed
• Prepare proposal cost volume(s) to include pricing schedules and descriptions of specific estimating methodology to support price reasonableness and price realism
• Ensure all required price proposal milestones are achieved
• Lead/Support Pricing Review Meetings and Sign-off with Executive Management.
• Ensure all agreeable cost/price review comments, observations, and recommendations are addressed in each opportunity specific price proposal, including the price narrative
• Coordinate with all teaming partners for their pricing input, when applicable
• Develop and implement new and innovative pricing models as well as review and improve current models
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Math or another applicable quantitative field
• Requires 8+ years directly related experience in a government contracting environment, specifically DoD, demonstrating preparation of successful price proposals in all forms of pricing, i.e. fixed labor hour, cost reimbursable, time and material, fixed price, other direct costs and the associated price volume cost narrative
• Requires 5+ years of direct proposal experience
• Requires extensive understanding and working knowledge of:
o The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it relates to Cost Principles, Cost Accounting Standards, and Forward Pricing Rate Agreements
o Defense Contracting Audit Agency (DCAA) regulations, fixed fee, award fee, and incentive fee type pricing.
o Leading and participating in the development of opportunity specific pricing strategies and/or price-to-win development
o Developing a Work Break Down Structures (WBS), and Basis of Estimate (BOE)
• Requires advanced proficiency using Excel; Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Word; Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Project
• Understanding of working within a SharePoint portal a plus.
BlueWater Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer