Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards. Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures. Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization. Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers' requirements.
Intermediate Security Specialists in the 66 ABG/SC provide Information Assurance oversight, guidance and support in accordance with the requirements of the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Department of Defense, and Federal Information Assurance programs.
· Provides Information Assurance oversight, guidance and support to the customer community in accordance with Federal, Department of Defense, and U.S. Air Force Information Assurance programs.
· Ensures that applicable systems/networks/computing environments meet security requirements and that all security risks for those environments are properly mitigated.
· Provides technical and programmatic information assurance/Cyber Security services in support of system-level certification and accreditation processes
· Provides support in Network Boundary Proxy and Firewall exceptions
· Tracks and manages all open security-related problem reports and fixes.
· Provide necessary support for Certification and Accreditation (C&A) requirements as well as re-accreditation requirements.
· Ensures configuration management for systems/networks/computing systems and hardware is documented and maintained.
· Contribute to Cybersecurity projects as required.
· Provide support with Classified Message Incidents
· Reviews all Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts, bulletins and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) for applicable implementation and remediation in the customer’s network/computing environment(s).
· Perform Staff Assistant Visits and reach back support with appointed ISSOs
· Provide support to maintain a comprehensive network security policy
· Create, review and update standard operating procedures and AF Checklists
· Review FFRDC System Security Plans
· Strong knowledge of Air Force, DoD and applicable Federal Information Assurance/Cyber Security Directives and Instructions.
· Knowledge of Cyber Security in the RMF process and Cyber Defense
· Ability to capture and report Metrics
· Working knowledge of SharePoint
Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10)
Windows Server Operating Systems (Windows Server 2008, 2012)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
Microsoft Office Products (2007 – 2010) Proficiency in Excel
Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
Proficient with Computer and Server Hardware
Strong Team Partnership skills
Strong Troubleshooting skills
Strong customer service skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to be Flexible in schedule
DoD 8570 required (Security + )